Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
A LeadSoftware Engineer analyzes, defines, designs, constructs, tests, installs,modifies, and grows our information systems. A lead provides technical and resource leadership.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the leading source ofintelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. Wecombine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver criticalinformation to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, taxand accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered bythe world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting (TRTA) is seeking a Lead SoftwareEngineer who will have a key leadership role in the development and enhancementof it's flagship product, Checkpoint. Asthe successful candidate, you will be responsible for designing andimplementing product enhancements, redesign of existing product functions,troubleshooting and resolving product defects, unit and integration testing.You will be expected to lead the development of user interface components andimplementation of new and existing applications. You will be part of newtechnology and process evaluations. Activecollaboration with internal customers, other developers, Quality Assurance,Business System Analysts, and Customer Support counterparts is an integral partof the role.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me towork?
We are a community thatbelieves each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspectiveis shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions weinfluence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's onlypossible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of ourperspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act withintegrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethicaland reliable in all we do.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about ourwork, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As ateam, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, anddeveloping through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries andrealize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring yourambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver onour goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees inour operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender,including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion,sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status,or any other protected classification under country or local law. ThomsonReuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing adrug-free workplace.
Partnership: We work together, with eachother, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superiorresults and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve ourcustomers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results,excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
To learn more aboutwhat we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
KeyResponsibilities & Technologies
- Leadership: Provide technical leadership. Provide input in project planning sessionswith team members to define and analyse requirements, provide design options,and provide work breakdown estimates. Be part of the technical oversight,making modifications to existing software and integrating applications andmodules in collaboration with leadership.
- Teamwork: Foster relationships withinR&D and with cross-functional peers. Assist in Quality Assurance processesand customer issue resolution. Collaborationfocus on creating, reviewing, and maintaining technical documentation. Delegatetasks to other developers, as appropriate.
- Autonomy: Work independently, taking ownership of problems.Account for the quality and timeliness of own work.
- Mentoring: Provide input into assessment andtraining/mentoring of junior team members. Provide innovative technicalinput/coaching on performance and skills. Improve the quality of development inthe organization and promote best practices.
- Reporting: Assist in identification and implementationof short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, andrecommendations to business and technology leadership.
Qualifications, Knowledge, andSkills:
- Design: SOA, Web services, SOAP, and REST are highly desired
- Maintenance: Debug,troubleshoot, and maintain the codebase for new and legacy applications code.Maintain and grow applications according to business and technology priorities.
- Methodologies: agile/scrum development
- Communication: Participate in project planning andestimation sessions and regularly communicate status and provide insight andoptions where applicable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor'sdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8 years ofrelated experience.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top