Lead Software Engineer
We arelooking for a passionate engineer to join a stellar team working on ourMicrosoft .NET web application. We're a group of talented individuals who arebig on collaboration, continuous learning, and growth in an agile environmentwhile still keeping things fun! You'll be involved in many aspects – helpingevolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, andimplementing new features and functionality.
This position is a full-timetelecommuting role. Legal Tracker recognizes a core factor to our ongoingsuccess is hiring the brightest software developers, those who are passionateabout building great software and enjoy the challenges it presents. LegalTracker (and Thomson Reuters as a whole) also recognizes the importance ofdisconnecting, and Forbes rated Thomson Reuters in the top 25 big companies forwork-life balance. (http://onforb.es/1sqVAow). If you are a self-motivated,self-disciplined individual who takes pride in his craft and shows strong workethic while enjoying a healthy work-life balance, then this job is a match foryou.
TR Legal Tracker is a leading provider oflegal workflow solutions to corporate legal departments worldwide. Tracker is a SaaS application and is the No.1 ranked matter management and e-billing system among corporations and firms,providing the data and analytic tools to enable legal departments toefficiently track, control, manage, analyse, and report on legal activitiesworldwide.
- Serve as primary/escalation contact to Development,QA, and Product Management for matters concerning your related projects
- Lead the design, planning and execution ofreleases including design assistance, ensuring processes are adhered to, codereviews, team members are fully utilized, schedules are met, and expectedlevels of quality are attained
- Maintaining expert level knowledge of variousvertical areas of functionality within the platform
- Perform management related duties for your teamsuch as coaching, goal setting, performance and compensation reviews, and timeand expense approval
- Leadership roles in one or more technical areassuch as performance, security, framework technologies such as our web frameworkor ORM, etc.
- Contribute ideas, experiences, best practices anddocumentation for our software development processes and platform.
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- 7 years of development experience
- Strong in object-oriented design and developmentwith C#
- Experience with relational database designconcepts and SQL
- Previous success at leading teams and projects
- Experience with ORM's such as NHibernate orEntity Framework, SCSS, JQuery, NUnit/MSTest, Moq/Rhinomocks, TFS, SQL Server,AJAX, WCF, WebAPI, Razor script
- Familiarity with data structures, codeoptimization, code re-factoring, design patterns, multi-tiered architectures,database and query optimization, stateless server farm architecture, objectrelational mappers, data conversion, software security, report development, andautomated unit testing.
Must Have PersonalCharacteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong interest and passion for designing anddeveloping great software.
- A quick, independent and self-motivated learner.
- A strong sense of responsibility, personalself-discipline, and ability to work independently
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks with littlesupervision.
Company and Product Background
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligentinformation for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customerswith competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis ofhuman intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that providesdecision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make betterdecisions faster. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, ThomsonReuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax andaccounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by theworld's most trusted news organization. More information about Thomson Reutersand its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com http://www.thomsonreuters.com/
Serengeti Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leadingprovider of legal workflow solutions to corporate legal departments worldwide.Serengeti Tracker is the No. 1 ranked matter management and e-billing systemamong corporations and firms, providing the data and analytic tools to enablelegal departments to efficiently track, control, manage, analyze and report onlegal activities worldwide.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top