Lead Software Engineer
This role is in the Platform and Content Technology (PCT) organization where we build the foundational capabilities on which Thomson Reuters runs. This team is responsible for the strategy around Customer Identity & Access Management and APIs. APIs delivered via a microservices architecture and secured with identity - this is the cloud-native future we're heading towards using forward-thinking infrastructure like Google Apigee, Docker, Kubernetes & Istio and Lambda/Functions.
Every product team depends on us and we're changing the way Thomson Reuters builds and operates software.
Is your passion for platform engineering? That is, envisioning and building the core services that underpin all Thomson Reuters' products? Then we want you on our team! As a platform engineer, you must thrive in a technical leadership role and naturally be a collaborative & transparent team member.
You'll be working primarily with:
- AWS and Azure public cloud
- Identity platforms (ForgeRock, Ping, ...); identity standards (OAuth, UMA, OIDC and SAML)
- Google Apigee API Managemet Platform
- Docker, Kubernetes & service mesh (Envoy, Istio, etc.), serverless (Lambda/Functions)
- Java and/or .Netcore
- Provide technical leadership in one or both of CIAM and API areas
- Mentor to other engineers inside and outside the team
- Extreme collaboration with all product teams; transparency is a must!
- Establish best practices; provide tooling that makes compliance frictionless
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends - open source and cloud vendors such as AWS and Azure
- Bachelor's degree in related technology program preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years software engineering experience with 2 years of relevant cloud experience including most of the following:
- Building cloud native applications and services on Google, Azure or AWS
- Experience with a major Identity Provider (ForgeRock, Ping, Okta, ...)
- Developing REST APIs using Java or .Net, with an emphasis on security (bonus points for OAuth2, UMA, OIDC and/or SAML experience)
- Automation for CI/CD (CloudFormation, TerraForm, ...)
- Thrives working collaboratively and transparently - a prerequisite for platform engineers
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top