Lead Software Engineer
- Proactive in designing, developing, and maintaining software applications using .NET and AngularJS
- Participate in Agile development activities including daily scrums, pair programming, and code reviews
- Collaborate with domain experts on requirements, specifications, and acceptance testing
- Develop code using TDD and mentor other developers in TDD
- Learn, suggest and implement new technologies/techniques
- Strong affinity for software craftsmanship and a mindset toward TDD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 6 years Software Development/Engineering experience
- 6 years of experience in application development in C# and .NET framework
- 2 years of experience with microservices, distributed systems
- 5 years of experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- 2 years of experience with an Object Relational Mapper (ORM) tools such as Entity Framework or Nhibernate
- Strong experience developing REST based web services
- Experience with SQL Server demonstrating strong relational database skills
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies Angular, Bootstrap, and Wijmo 5 components
- Strong skills in the areas of unit testing, performance analysis and debugging
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and Agile software development methodologies
- Good communication/collaborative skills and a committed team player
- Knowledge of dependency injection frameworks such as Castle Windsor, Ninject, StructureMap, etc
- Knowledge of the SOLID Principles
- Experience in building cloud-native applications for AWS is a plus
- Experience with Postgres
- Prior experience on high volume websites
- Logging with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience writing end-to-end tests in Protractor, Karma, and Jasmine
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top