Lead Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a Lead Software Engineer to our new World-CheckOne team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Thomson Reuters has recently announced the expansion of itsCanadian operations with the creation of a new technology centre in downtownToronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-classtechnology talent and the new Technology Centre will be the preeminent hub ofinnovation.
Thischallenging position requires someone to think independently, but still workwell with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact. Itis an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on a large andsuccessful system that is used worldwide. With the considerable client uptake,the platform is already reaching its original design limits and migration tothe Cloud, specifically AWS, to provide a high scalability solution is high onthe agenda for this year. Experience in this area for all role types is highlydesirable.
The Lead Software Engineer shouldhave the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energyenvironment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in adynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization,time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. TheLead Software Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance andsupport of production systems as necessary.
This challenging position requires someone to think independently, but still work well with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact on our new and expanding product line. It is an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on a large system that is used worldwide.
The Lead Software Engineer should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and handling multiple projects are key. The Lead Software Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience using Agile Methodologies primarily SCRUM
- Expert design skills including significant knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- 3 to 5 years of leadership skills with a track record of mentoring, setting technical goals, and delegating tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability for writing clean code that is easy to understand
- Expertise using OO and JEE design patterns and software development methodologies
- Able to provide technical guidance and oversight to a team of 5-8 developers and testers.
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Server side programming technologies including Spring
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable leading design discussions in addition to hands-on development
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Mentoring junior developers and translating requirements from business partners
- Web technologies: AngularJS, CSS and HTML 5
- Experience with XML processing and transformations (XPath, XSLT, etc.)
- Other experience: Tomcat, Hibernate/JPA, UML, React, .NET
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top