Lead Software Engineer
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer (Eagan, MN)
Job Duties: Responsible for development and support of Checkpoint User Administration (CUAS) for next generation CUAS software applications and services. Duties include:
1. Assist with all phases of project implementation including functional requirements, technical design, development, unit testing and user acceptance testing;
2. Develop software that operates within highly scalable, distributed multi-tiered system;
3. Deliver product on agreed upon timelines;
4. Provide technical oversight to engineers for CUAS applications;
5. Collaborate with technologists across organization to build service integrations;
6. Ensure consistency with architectural guiding principles for CUAS;
7. Articulate complex problems, concepts and solutions through formal and informal means to global technical and non-technical audiences;
8. Serve as thought leader and influencer in development of best practices to include security, infrastructure and automation;
9. Anticipate needs and implications of decisions and work to identify, clarify, and resolve issues, and remove barriers in a timely manner;
10. Work on hands-on coding in the CUAS technology stack as needed.
Position requirements: Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field plus 5 years' experience working on software development. Experience must include:
1) 5 years' experience with object-oriented analysis and design principles;
2) 5 years' experience with Groovy or Java development;
3) 5 years' experience with Application frameworks such as Grails or Spring;
4) 5 years' experience with Object Relational Mapping frameworks such as GORM or Hibernate;
6) 5 years' experience with database design and working with SQL Server and Oracle;
7) 5 years' experience working in an Agile environment;
8) 1 year experience with team management.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting), Inc.
Job Location: 610 Opperman Dr. Eagan. MN 55123
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top