Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
We're looking for a top-notch Lead Software Engineer to join our development team in Carrollton, TX. You will work on our market-leading offering, ONESOURCE Tax Information Reporting, which provides multi-national corporations and insurance companies an integrated compliance solution. Our tax information reporting software automates the compliance from data management to tax filing and tax information furnishing to end recipients. Come join our expanding software company as we move into the next phase of our exciting future.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will participate in the development of new and existing applications, working closely with a very experienced team of architects, developers, SMEs and product managers.
Here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
- Engineering Excellence. You understand technology and possess a passion for excellence. You have a very rich experience contributing to the construction of scalable, extensible software solutions and systems.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. At Thomson Reuters, commitment to customer satisfaction and technology excellence permeates everything we do. You care tremendously about delighting our users and ensuring that our market and technical leadership is sustained and extended.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Take responsibility for building and shipping high quality software.
- Provide technical leadership. Lead release/sprint planning sessions with team members to define and analyze requirements, provide technical design insights, and help with story point estimation.
- Provide technical oversight and risk assessment while building new software, or making modifications to existing software, and/or integrating with enterprise applications.
- Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, and make recommendations to business and technology leadership.
- Guide and coach the development team to promote Engineering Excellence.
- Continuous collaboration with Architects, Test Automation, and DevOps teams.
- Have the capability to work independently, taking ownership of problems.
- Help with the mentoring and coaching the junior team members.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 10 years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software products in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Expert experience in .NET/Java development, software engineering methodologies, and software development tools.
- Strong working knowledge of OOAD design patterns
- Expert level skill with hands on programming, design, and deep functional experience, in Microservices architecture, crafting and deploying Web APIs (REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Experience in building cloud-native applications is highly desired (AWS/Azure containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Open minded and strong experience in consuming Open-source technologies
- Strong skills in database technologies (RDMS/no-SQL)
- Passionate about Lean, Agile and Iterative development methodologies
- Having a strong testing mindset, proponent of TDD
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, Computer Science degree preferred.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top