Lead Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Lead Software Engineer - Lynx Insights Platform, News Technology: Software Engineering Lead to help build a Story Automation Platform to augment existing Thomson Reuters News Technology platform and support Reuters' more than 3000 journalists and editors throughout the News production lifecycle - from discovery of news worthy events to researching the story to publication, and all that at the speed of light in an increasingly competitive landscape.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to help architect and deliver the Lynx Insights Platform as well as enhance Picture Production Platforms . You will bring hands-on knowledge about emerging technologies, and will have experience in deploying those technologies for the benefit of the business.
• Own large and complex technical projects that interact with a number of systems
• Participate and contribute in requirements analysis
• Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Write clean, scalable and testable code using modern programming languages to support backend infrastructure of our applications
• Test and deploy applications and systems
• Revise, update, refactor and debug code
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in an individual contributor role
• Excited about tackling thorny engineering and passionate about good application architecture and design patterns
• Experience with REST API architecture and familiarity with microservices designs
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Comfortable working with Unix command line tools and managing Windows servers
• Eager and curious to learn new technology stacks
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
• Great attention to detail
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top