Lead Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Corporates Legal group is looking to add a Lead Software Engineer to the team at our new Technology Centre in Toronto, Ontario, conveniently located within walking distance of Union Station. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming years.
Reporting into the Development Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide technical leadership to build and drive a high-quality standard for design and development of platform components.
Legal Tracker is an industry leading corporate legal solution with focus in matter management, e-billing and analytics. As a SaaS offering, this product caters to over 1300 corporate legal departments in North America to streamline operations, control spend and get complete visibility into the legal landscape.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Implement product features based on high level design and technical design specifications
- Build and maintain highly available, secure, systems in a microservices architecture
- Contribute to the all aspect of engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in .NET and other object-oriented languages
- Work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements
- Handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Provide technical guidance to the team, ensuring design and architecture are aligned with the global platform strategy
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and use this knowledge to bring new innovative ideas to the platform
- Communicate both written (documentation) and verbal (knowledge sharing sessions) effectively to help educate and drive technical strategy with team
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers to sustain a high level of development standards
- Participate in the hiring process
- 8+ years of professional development using any Object-Oriented Programming language like C#/Java/C++
- Experience as a Technical Lead in development of complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
- Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
- Strong UX skills and sound knowledge of best practices with the ability to incorporate them into solutions
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operation
- Experience implementing services based on Azure cloud platform
- Knowledge of micro-services orchestration
- Integration with SQL Server or Cosmos DB having focus on query performance
- Working experience with TFS, Git, Azure DevOps
- Hands-on experience with security vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys, Veracode)
Minimum Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top