Lead Software Engineer
Key Responsibilities& Technologies
- Assist in all necessaryphases of a project implementation, including functional requirements,technical design, development, unit testing and user acceptance testing as webuild the CUAS application on a new technology stack.
- Develop software thatoperates within a highly scalable, distributed multi-tiered system.
- Provide team leadershipfor a small group of engineers plus technical leadership oversight for CUASapplications.
- Performance managementof individual team members.
- Collaborate withtechnologists across the organization to build service integrations.
- Ensure consistency withTax & Accounting architectural guiding principles for CUAS.
- Develop and mentor lesssenior members of the technology team.
- Articulate complexproblems, concepts and solutions through formal and informal means to globaltechnical and non-technical audiences.
- Be a thought leader andinfluencer in development best practices, which include security,infrastructure and automation.
- Apply principles oftrust, transparency, accountability and ownership.
- Anticipate needs andimplications of decisions, proactively working to identify, clarify, andresolve issues, and removing barriers within and outside the organization in atimely manner.
Qualifications,Knowledge, and Skills:
- 5 years of relevantexperience with 2 or more of the following:
- Object-oriented analysisand design principles
- Groovy or Javadevelopment
- Application frameworkssuch as Grails or Spring
- Object RelationalMapping frameworks such as GORM or Hibernate
Experience with any ofthe following technologies is a plus:
- Unit testing with Spock,Jasmine and Karma
- Functional testing usingProtractor or Selenium
- Demonstrated ability inthe following behaviors:
- Effective timemanagement, ability to plan and prioritize work; communicate project status,roadblocks, accomplishments; and effectively manage and prioritize a diverseworkload
- Take ownership ofproblems, identify solutions and drive resolution
- Work well within a teamenvironment and one on one
- Very stronginterpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience leading ateam a plus
- Bachelor's degree orequivalent required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 8 years of softwareengineering experience including:
- Proven ability to learnnew technologies quickly
- Proven ability to solvecomplex problems independently
- Creative problemsolving, troubleshooting skills, and critical thinking
- Designing &developing software for a critical enterprise n-tier web products
Thomson Reuters provides professionalswith the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trustedanswers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax andaccounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, allpowered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great placefor me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspectiveto our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business weadvance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any ofus achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents areshared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's whyyou're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity andindependence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable inall we do.
Partnership: We work together, witheach other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superiorresults and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve ourcustomers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results,excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what wedo matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has onour business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one –collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging andmeaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries,we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shapeindustries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'llbring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely ondiversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can dothat, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the worldregardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity andexpression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age,marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protectedclassification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be anEqual Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large andfascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer,please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuterscan be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top