Lead Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters is looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our core legal technologies product development team in the MSP metro area. We are looking for an individual that wants to be part of a highly dynamic team developing next generation SaaS legal applications. You'll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative community where we're all passionate about building great user experiences, learning new skills and techniques, and doing the right thing.
Our software developers hail from a broad range of backgrounds and experience levels, coming together to work as one highly motivated, dynamic technology team. They face a wide array of technical challenges. We're always looking for new talent to join this energetic team of high achievers.
Successful candidates will typically have strong analytical and organizational skills, exceptional programming skills, a true love of building quality software and a team spirit. Large-scale systems experience is highly desirable. Legal industry experience is not necessary, but is a plus.
We understand how important it is for developers to stay as up to date as possible. Our IT leadership encourages the use of the latest technology for both internal and external applications with active development using:
- .NET 4.5
- ASP.NET MVC4 (Razor view engine)
- HTML5 / CSS3
- SQL Coherence
- REST web services
- Visual Studio 2013
- TFS 2013
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills and great interpersonal skills.
- Be an energetic, self-starter, who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment including the ability to clearly articulate daily individual accomplishments and blocking issues.
- Have an expert understanding of software development methodologies and the demonstrated ability to design and develop complex software systems.
- Dictate design choices where necessary to software developers, including platforms, coding standards and technical implementation.
- Contribute in all aspects of an Agile software development process including: design, programming, testing, documentation, quality assurance and implementation.
- Lead code reviews to enforce code standards and provide constructive feedback to developers.
- Mentor the technical resources on the team to reinforce best practice and develop the team members.
- Ensure that all technological aspects of the development projects are properly estimated and delivered to agreed timeframes and quality.
- Work with the development manager to create the standards for software development for the organization.
- Collaborate with end users (internal / external) on development of requirements and design of applications (including testing).
- Provides expert technical advice to management and contributes to the technical direction to be followed for new product development.
- Looks forward to leveraging "innovation time" to work on pet projects and special areas of interest.
- 5 years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- 5 years of experience in .NET development (C#, WCF, Web Services, ASP.NET)
- Should be very familiar with ASP.NET MVC based web development and C# in general
- Should be familiar with CSS and HTML in general
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- Experience with cross-cutting standards: Creating and consuming web services (SOAP/WSDL, REST, Web API), XML/XSL/XSD, X/HTML
- 3 years experience with Oracle DBMS
- Experience with NHibernate and the Oracle Coherence data grid is a plus.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- SaaS based software development experience on large to enterprise class applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree plus an advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile software development practices
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top