Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Developer with 8 years of experience in middleware development in the financial industry. As a developer on our team, you will work closely with a very experienced team to extend and support our industry-leading Enterprise platform.
- Design of software modules; implementation in C , unit testing, integration testing, performance testing
- Participates in code/design reviews
- Contributes toward product and internal documentation – technical specifications, software documentation and unit test plans
- Assists in resolution of field problems as needed
- Partners with Quality Assurance to ensure high quality deliverables
- Handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 or more years of computer software development experience
- Experience developing in C and/or other Object Oriented programming languages, in a multi-threaded environment
- Knowledge and experience in real time C/C programming skills, strong Unix operating System skills (Linux, Solaris) preferred
- Familiarity with network programming (e.g., sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, multicast)
- Solid, demonstrated experience with Solaris, and Linux operating systems, including Shell scripting, basic system administration
- Strong, demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Market data industry experiences a strong plus; experience with RMDS/TREP products a strong plus; experience with Microsoft Windows a plus
- Bachelors degree in CS, Engineering or related preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top