Lead QA Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Requisition number: JREQ082971
Product or Service:
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment, this is a very exciting opportunity to join a business in an innovative and rapidly evolving industry. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment.
As part of our ongoing dedication to the Risk products we are putting together a new team, from the ground up. This role will take an active part in shaping in developing the multiple aspects of testing across the QA team.
The role will have a predominate focus on technical testing covering automated UI, web services, and Performance, whilst being expected to gain an understanding of the non-technical testing carried out. There may be opportunities to gain experience in leading a small group of test analysts.
You will be expected to work very closely with your peers across the wider Risk team, thus a commitment to collaborative problem solving and analysis is needed. Equally a positive and can-do approach to knowledge sharing is required to succeed in this role.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable technical test suites
- Identify technical bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- You will take a positive can-do lead in improving the quality, organization, and management of source code used in the technical testing
- Employ industry standard Java design patterns for all technical tests/code
- You will gain a deep understanding across the different testing capabilities within the team
- To execute technical tests and manual testing as and when needed.
- To lead a group of testers, where required.
- You will mentor and coach junior members where required
- QA Team Lead (reporting to)
- QA peers and colleagues
- Wider Risk community
Essential Skills and Experience:
Demonstrable experience of the following;
- Either web-services, Performance, or automated UI testing
- Exposure to technology such as Selenium WebDriver, SOAPUI, and/or JMeter.
- Writing structured automated tests
- Writing reusable Java libraries
- Writing clean, readable Java code
- Test management tools, e.g. Jira
- The defect management lifecycle
Good understanding of:
- Source code management
- object-oriented programming
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
Demonstrable experience of:
- Continuous Integration
- Commercial build tools.
- Using GitHub or Gitlab
- Manual testing
- Solid experience in using technology/tools such as: Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, SOAPUI
- TDD/BDD demonstrable experience required
- Demonstrable experience across the testing lifecycle
- No preference
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top