Lead QA Engineer
Thomson Reuters is seeking a passionate Lead QA engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our Technology Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation, you will develop scalable testing strategies, build the tools and tests that improve the efficiency of the team and ensure the health of our product. The right person for this role will also help coach other team members on how to contribute towards building and maintaining a robust and state of the art test automation harness. If you are someone who is passionate and eager to engineer solutions which multiple tech teams would use to move faster, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and build tooling, scalable and maintainable test infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
- Partnering with various product and engineering teams to develop system test automation and infrastructure for Mobile and Site teams
- introducing effective test/quality methodologies to teams and improve existing tests
- Help coach QA engineers on the team to ramp up on automation concepts and contribute towards improving test coverage
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
- Minimum 6-8 years of hands-on software test automation development experience
- Hands on experience in Selenium & Performance Testing
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Relevant experience in developing test strategies, architecting test frameworks and testing tools to support automated testing Web/Mobile Web
- Strong programming skills in Object oriented language (Java) and Functional programming Java Script.
- Proven experience building new performance test frameworks including reporting dashboards
- Strong experience in Performance Engineering tasks such as Capacity planning and Application performance management
- Expertise in a variety of performance test tools such as Apache JMeter, WebLoad, OpenSTA, HP Performance Center/Load Runner
- Hands on experience in API & services testing
- Experience in ANT, GRID, Test NG, Jenkins and Junit frameworks.
- Proficient with Unix-like systems, command-line tools, and general operation
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Relevant experience in web test automation tools/frameworks (i.e. Calabash, Appium, Robotium, Selenium, Robot, Cucumber)
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an Lead Engineer role
- Experience with cloud computing, performance engineering is plus
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top