Lead QA Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Quality Assurance Engineer with 5 years of experience in testing an assortment of technologies from database, reports, GUI, C/C /Java API and web services. As a tester on our team, you will work closely with a very experienced development team to verify the quality of our industry-leading permissioning system.
As a member of our team you will be involved in writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and execution of all testing required to ensure that the software meets business requirements. You will perform functional testing which includes application integration, system, system/network integration and acceptance testing; may also include non-functional testing such as performance, volume and load. You will mentor and guide the team to perform functional, non functional testing and other testing activities.
- Provides planning, integration, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project
- Independently develops test plan documents, writes and executes automation scripts, manual test cases etc. Provides guidance to less experienced staff for the above
- Reviews business requirements and designs specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability
- Setup and maintain lab for functional and performance testing
- Conducts testing using manual, programmatic or automated processes
- Provides inputs and escalates issues in bug triage meetings and coordinates with development team
- Gives advice to middle management on functional matters, or on the interpretation of policies and practices
- Modifies applications to test the product
- Contributes to product and internal documentation
- Handles multiple complex issues in a challenging, dynamic technical environment
- Conducts root cause analysis and correlation of other system and/or problems of moderate complexity
- Estimates effort required for own work and checks and agrees other team members' estimates
- Accountable for tracking status of team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules
- Identifies risk, comes up with mitigation plan, communicates the same, and develops and escalation process
- Responsible for communicating accurately the status of ongoing work to stakeholders
- Recommends improvements to the testing processes to create efficiencies
- Impact is within the immediate project team, and also on the wider project or program of which it may form a part
- Makes recommendations for process improvements for self, team, or group, communicated to Manager
- May train professional staff.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Preferred 5 years of professional experience with all aspects of QA - writing test plans, writing/executing test scripts and automation test suites for infrastructure products
- Experience in performing ad-hoc SQL queries using Oracle or Postgres databases
- Knowledge in supporting multi-platform browser based User Interfaces (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome)
- Knowledge in UI testing frameworks and automation suites (Selenium, Jenkins, Hudson etc.)
- Solid, demonstrated experience with Linux/Solaris operating systems - including shell scripting, system tools, procedures - that aid in the operation and troubleshooting of software components that operate in those environments. Windows experience is a plus
- Solid experience with writing and executing automation test scripts using Robot/Python framework and Selenium Java framework
- Knowledge and experience in C/C /Java programming with a working knowledge of object-oriented design
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Network, TCP knowledge
- Performance testing, analysis, and tuning experience
- Proven strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Drive for continuous process improvement
- Permissioning system experiences within the market data industry a strong plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top