Lead QA Analyst
The Lead Software QA Engineer is responsible for excellence in testing, with a focus on test automation, including the application of existing open source tools, but also developing innovative frameworks and custom tools where necessary.
The person in this role should have in-depth knowledge of a variety of testing technologies, tools and methodologies.
This role will also have people management responsibilities for a small team of QA engineers.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Lead all test planning, test case automation and execution of test cases required of a software development project or program
- Assist product teams to identify test automation gaps, and develop solutions to address them
- Ensure automation efforts adhere to team's overall automation strategy, development methodology and best practices
- Proactively share knowledge across software testing teams on best practices for testing using new and emerging technologies
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of the automation strategy and framework
- Perform automation test code reviews
- Coach and mentor the team; provide ongoing feedback; conduct performance management and talent development activities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Strong test automation expertise, with technical skillset adaptable to any tool/framework
- Proven experience in agile methodologies and continuous integration
- Ability to influence and provide technical direction to the members of an agile team
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in a globally dynamic environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Selenium, Java, WebDriver
- Experience with Jmeter
- Experience with public or private cloud technologies/services, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top