Lead QA Analyst
We are seeking Lead QA Engineer to perform software test automation on various software products.
The Lead QA Automation Engineer is responsible for driving excellence in the Test Automation space by developing innovative frameworks and tools. The person in this role should have in-depth knowledge of a variety of testing technologies, tools and methodologies. This role may also have people management responsibilities for a small team of QA
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Drive the organizational initiative to improve Test Coverage and Automation across the product portfolio
- Provides Thought leadership in the areas of developing innovative test automation frameworks that supports progressive automation and delivers tangible benefits beyond the normal
- Assist product teams to identify automation gaps and develop solutions to address them
- Ensure automation efforts adhere to team's overall automation strategy, development methodology and best practices
- Collaborates with the Agile team (Developers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Architects, BAs) to ensure that software test tools and processes are adding value
- Proactively share knowledge across software testing teams on best practices for testing using new and emerging technologies
- Active participation in the continuous improvement of the automation strategy and framework
- Provides technical consultation on automation issues, tools and processes.
- Participating in project/work planning sessions with team members to analyze requirements.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and the work of colleagues.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal guidance, including delegating tasks, managing schedules for the QA team, and determining project resource requirements.
- Test result analysis and test report creation.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of automation Test Suites.
- Execute functional, system, integration, regression, automation and performance testing based on task assignment; report, track and follow up on product or client issues in a timely manner with development, BA and support teams.
- Work closely with BA, developers, support, offshore/onshore QA and management to promote successful delivery of products on time with customer satisfied quality
- Quickly absorb complicated technological content in a fast paced environment & excel in an independent process driven professional QA environment.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base for a suite of technically complex products and participate in scrum & client issues review meetings on QA deliverables.
- Support continuous improvement of the current & existing software quality assurance methodologies process
- As a lead role in interviewing process and recommend candidates for hire.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, developments, and industry standards in the Quality Assurance field.
- Conduct training and mentoring with junior staff members.
- Provide test automation status reports.
- Ensure that QA staff follows the product test automation development methodology.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 7 years of automation/Performance testing experience including 2 year in a lead/architect role
- Must have 5 years of hand on experience in Selenium (Preferred) / 4 years of hands on experience in HP UFT and 1 year experience on mobile testing.
- Knowledge of two or more programming languages or other applicable skills, such as Java/J2EE, C, C , Java script, VBScript, .NET, HTML, Perl or SQL
- Expertise in a variety of performance test tools such as Apache JMeter, WebLoad, OpenSTA, HP Performance Center/LoadRunner
- Proven experience building new performance test frameworks including reporting dashboards
- Strong experience in Performance Engineering tasks such as Capacity planning and Application performance management
- Experience setting up performance testing environments in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Solid knowledge on Load/Stress test analysis
- Experience in web applications compatibility testing with using Selenium Grid
- Must have 3 years of experience in Web Services testing with using Soap-UI
- Experience in ANT, GRID, Test NG, Jenkins and Junit frameworks.
- Solid knowledge code reviews and good mentoring skills
- Knowledge on Test Manager and Team Foundation Server.
- Expert in building / maintaining automation frameworks.
- Database Expertise- Intermediate (SQL Server -Ability to write/analyze Queries, Troubleshooting skills).
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business process understanding.
- Detail oriented, good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellexnt oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibits passion for learning and staying current on job related technologies and best practices.
- Must be an excellent team player, and be willing to share new, innovative ideas
- Research and investigate new automation technologies that help team to be more productive.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top