Lead Pre-Sales, Indirect Tax
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com.
Job Title: Lead Pre-Sales, IDT
Based in: Mumbai
Reports to: Head of Tax & Accounting
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting is the leading global provider of integrated tax compliance and accounting information, software and services for professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. It provides a multitude of tax software solutions to assist tax professionals in areas including corporate tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing, tax research, tax accounting, workflow and practice management.
Reporting to Head of Tax & Accounting, this is a key position that will be accountable for supporting the sales team, aligning the customer's business with appropriate solutions, and proactively driving pre-sales activities and support of closing the deal.
Major responsibilities of this position are:
- Present solutions to customers/prospects, showing all system capabilities and benefits to them. Perform clear presentations, with focus on all solutions details
- Present our solutions in every possible ways
- Focus on raising requirements / differentiators
- Standard software demonstration
- Tailor made software demonstration (using customer´s data)
- Workshop Stand Alone
- Workshop – Integrated with an ERP (SAP or ORACLE)
- Define project scope focusing on estimating consultant efforts (hours) to implement it, based on requirements raised together with the customer. Work close to a business analyst to go deep into the details if needed.
- Support business proposal creation.
- Register every important record of the opportunity into our CRM system, making sure to have full alignment with Sales Representatives.
- Work on RFPs (Request for Proposals) or RFI (Request for Information) processes.
- Keep demo version of our solutions up to date, making sure to have complete and integrated processes to present for every sellable module.
- Get engaged with Sales managers and Representatives to evaluate sales opportunities, taking the opportunity to follow up on all of them and create specific strategies to move them forward.
- Participate in events/fairs related to Taxation, Indirect Tax, GST, engaging possible customers, presenting our solutions and creating business opportunities.
- Gather market needs to feed our product specialists and development team. Understand market requirements and do proper communication to improve our solutions.
- Complete and participate in agreed training plans.
- Bachelor degree in related field with minimum 8-10 years pre-sales experience in enterprise software or consulting industry
- Thorough experience in indirect Tax domain, ERP experience, mainly SAP and/or Oracle EBS
- Demonstrated software consulting/ implementation experience, mainly with Supply Chain related processes
- Team working, will need to work very closely with sales team and also other internal teams (regional and global teams)
- Expert knowledge of the overall business includes a broad market understanding and strong understanding of customers' business model
- Able to apply product knowledge and sales skills to advance the sales process, from probing and conducting a needs analysis, to developing a package for the customer, continuing through to the sale
- Can clearly and winningly position complex technical information in written and oral methods
- Highly effective communication, presentation and research skills (this includes speaking significant local languages and knowledge of territory business culture)
- Fully competent in salesforce.com system
- Ability to use a wide variety of technology to aid in the sales process
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top