Lead Performance and Scalability Engineer
Thomson Reuters is looking for a Lead Performance & Scalability Engineer to work with the platform team providing test expertise and QA methodologies to the engineering team members. The platform team has a broad charter and is responsible for building the infrastructure, tools, core services and APIs which are used by our customers and the rest of our product development teams in a secure fashion. Our agile environment strives for best practices of tools development and test automation frameworks development suitable for platform testing and QA methodologies.
- Handle multiple performance testing projects working on a global delivery model
- Design, document and execute on platform/API test strategies, procedures and processes
- Ability to determine future performance needs and architectural changes based on the continued growth of the application.
- Coordinate with the Dev / QA teams to review and API requirements, execute performance tests and troubleshoot/resolve (blocking) issues.
- Analyze and assess Performance, Scalability, Resiliency, Serviceability, and Availability testing needs of the system under test.
- Setup and maintain performance testing labs/environments
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to load simulated test data to test environments
- Design and develop system stress test, system performance test and system regression tests
- Collect, aggregate and publish quality metrics for each API and the platform
- Identify & Analyze DB performance and network performance bottlenecks
- Lead the performance engineering team that is tasked with ensuring that our services are scalable and reliable at all times
- Someone with minimum 7 years of experience in performance engineering (this includes performance testing and deep dive performance analysis experience NOT JUST performance testing experience).
- Strong experience on performance testing tools such as – Loadrunner, JMeter, Silkperfomer (at least 2 out of 3 – preferably Loadrunner and JMeter),
- Strong hands on experience on system monitoring tools (perfmon, SAR, vmstat, iostat, netstat)
- Create roadmap for and implement delivery of automated CI testing as a series of incremental phases.
- Experience with APM solutions (having worked with "AppDynamics" is bonus)
- Hands on experience of JMeter scripts, scripting languages(Python, Shell)
- Strong knowledge of Java memory management – Heap memory, garbage collection and more
- Experience with designing and developing automated reporting (i.e. knowing how to represent the resultant data from tests in a way that is valuable to different audiences and how the tested systems trend over time).
- Passion and drive for Performance, Scalability and Reliability of all systems.
- Working knowledge of databases, systems, networks highly desired
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top