Lead Operator - Bindery or Subscr Services, 2nd or 3rd Shift
The Lead Machine Operator is responsible for the performance of the production line and crew. In this role you will provide leadership, work direction, and train/develop the skills of the crew to consistently optimize overall performance.
In addition to ensuring that the line is running smoothly and producing a quality product for our customers, Lead Operators are expected to facilitate Tier 1 meetings and Gemba Walk discussions to drive communication and improvements to the processes associated with the equipment. The role also requires training for crew members who are temps or are coming in from another area to support workload.
Core Publishing Solutions has a culture where safety and continuous improvement are a priority and employees are expected to work collaboratively to serve our customers and support the business.
The following qualifications are required for the role:
- Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate others and create a team environment
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, make decisions and resolve machine issues
- Ability to read, interpret and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and production orders
- Experience with Lean and continuous improvement
- Good communication skills including experience sharing information across shifts and departments
- Proven success as a trainer
- The ability to run multiple pieces of equipment is required
- Previous experience as a lead on the equipment listed below
- Perfect Binders with up to 40 station collators, 3-knife trimmers, inline boxing and palletizing
- Hard-cover casing-in lines
- Collating/Kitting lines with up to 30 streamfeeder stations
- Packaging/cartooning lines
- Sitma mail lines
- Hot Foil Stampers
- Some vocational training after high school/GED, or high school diploma plus on-the-job training leading to development of equivalent skills.
Must Have Ability to:
- Regularly lift above the shoulders up to 5 lbs. and rarely up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly carry, push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Grasp repetitively throughout shift.
- Regularly walk, crouch, bend, stoop, reach, and kneel throughout shift.
- Stand up to 7.2 hours per 8 hour shift, standing time increases with overtime.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including steel toe shoes and ear protection.
- Work with powered industrial vehicles.
- Work overtime up to 4 hours and weekend shifts.
- Safe and temperature-controlled work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks of vacation and 4 Floating Holidays
- 8 Company Holidays
- Bonus plan
- Access to learning and development resources
- Training and development
- Regular performance feedback
- Opportunity to get involved with teams focused on safety, quality, etc.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top