Lead Machine Operator
The Lead Machine Operator is responsible for ongoing performance of the line and crew. In this role you will provide leadership, work direction, and train/develop the skills of the crew to optimize overall performance.
In addition to ensuring that the line is running smoothly and producing a quality product for our customers, operators are expected to facilitate the Tier 1 meetings and Gemba Walk discussions to drive improvements to the processes associated with the machine. The following qualifications are required for the role:
- Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate others in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong mechanical skills: troubleshooting and resolving machine issues.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and production orders (level required = fully competent)
- Experience with Lean and continuous improvement
- Solid mechanical/technical skills
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Proven success as a trainer
- Ability to provide training to flex employees as documented by standard work instructions on machine(s)
- Consistently demonstrates effective 2-shift teamwork and communication
- Self-starter, with a history of going after opportunities to make improvements and learn new things
- Qualification on multiple pieces of equipment is preferred
- Previous experience on a subscription services line is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top