Lead Identity Engineer, Virtual Directory Services - F&R
Lead Identity Engineer, Virtual Directory Services
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
F inancial & Risk is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to staff our growing team in our Hoboken or 3 Times Square locations. Our team will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group is an exciting and dynamic organization that leads information security risk for our information assets and systems. We are currently seeking a Lead Identity Engineer - Virtual Directory Services to join our ISRM team. This team is responsible for the current and future design, engineering and promotion of the security technologies deployed across F&R. It has a global reach with team members located in the US and APAC with responsibilities as diverse as Governance, directory and strong authentication. This role will play a key role in the future direction of our Identity and Access Management program with emphasis on Active Directory & Virtual Directory Services. Our security engineer will help support the technical infrastructure as well as support service configurations that will set the standards for our IT engineering and support teams across the enterprise.
Primary Responsibilities: -
- Provide thought leadership and future direction for directory and Virtual Directory technologies.
- Design, engineer, and manage Radiant Logic VDS in a complex Identity environment.
- Design infrastructure and software supporting the VDS system for secure operation, high performance, and high availability.
- Design, manage, and support Identity and Access Management solutions within the corporate and customer facing environment.
- Creating and maintaining the Disaster Recovery documents related to the VDS system.
- Collaborate with other IT disciplines including the networking engineering, storage, monitoring, and platform support teams to provide resolution of service issues.
- Maintain operational documentation, configuration information and other procedures.
- Bachelors (4-year) degree, with a technical major or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of enterprise identity related experience including:
- Expert knowledge of identity management technologies.
- Expert knowledge of and design experience with identity related Services including Virtual Directory/Radiant Logic, SSO, LDAP, Federation, LDIF, and Kerberos in a large customer facing corporate environment.
- In-depth knowledge and design experience with an enterprise scale Active Directory environment.
- Technical leadership to integrate different virtual directory services.
- Enterprise Expertise in working with Cross Functional System Applications.
- Experience with virtual directory design, performance analysis, monitoring and tuning as well as application's performance characteristics and methods for optimization.
- This role will require strong Windows, and Unix Platform system administration experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of various IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud service authentication and authorization models.
- Strong technical knowledge of TCP/IP principles and LAN technology and use of network capture utilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to think "out of the box".
- Experience leading projects and initiatives under minimum supervision.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management solutions such as of SailPoint and CyberArk is desirable.
- Practical experience with scripting or coding with a virtual directory identity store.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top