Lead Identity Engineer, SSO - F&R
Lead Identity Engineer, SSO
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
F inancial & Risk is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to staff our growing team in our Hoboken or 3 Times Square locations. Our team will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
The Information Security & Risk Management team seeks a high-energy, motivated individual who combines solid technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen for the position of Lead Identity Engineer, SSO within our Identity and Access Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for engineering advanced Authentication solutions across multiple technical stacks to enhance our security posture and our users experience.
Developing an advanced Authentication capability has been defined as a strategic initiative for Financial & Risk and a cornerstone of our security posture. You will bring your senior level expertise to Financial & Risk Authentication team designing and engineering solutions across our Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), CyberArk, and SSO/Federation solutions holistically evolve our security capability.
You will initially drive hands on engineering initiatives across our MFA and CyberArk capabilities to meet our strategic objectives. This is not a system administration role! We are looking for an Identity/Authentication engineer to develop, drive, and deliver on strategic priorities with a high-level of executive support.
- Act as a thought leader in the IAM space. Bring a passion for both security and user experience.
- Engineer new solutions across Identity/Authentication platforms like MFA, CyberArk, and SSO systems.
- Drive and develop engineering initiatives in our multi-factor authentication environment to evolve our IAM service offering.
- Drive the integration of new systems and applications into our MFA environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Authentication technologies and integration points across platforms.
- Enable capability across systems to improve the end-user authentication experience as well as enhancing our security posture.
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand and build use cases and requirements for transforming the environment and integrating into solutions.
- Develop new capability to enhance our Authentication platforms with a key focus on automation, platform availability, security, and user experience.
- Develop standards and approaches to enable seamless and secure integration of Authentication technologies.
- Partner with IAM, security, and BU stakeholders to ensure a holistic technical approach across technologies.
- Proven track record of designing and engineering Identity and Authentication solutions in a large global enterprise
- 5+ years' experience in architecting, engineering, and implementing enterprise solutions.
- 3+ years technical experience integrating, developing, and automating IAM systems like MFA and Authentication protocols/technologies.
- 2+ years experience with automation/development experience and demonstrated ability to learn. (Languages flexible)
- Deep understanding of Identity technologies across key domains (Authentication, Authorization, Access Management, Attestation, etc)
- Significant experience engineering 2FA/MFA solutions like Symantec VIP, RSA SecureID, Duo).
- Experience driving development of automation and integration capability into IAM solutions.
- Strong track record of customer engagement and delivery of engineering initiatives.
- Familiarity with Cloud technology and an understanding of the impact of dynamic computing on the Identity domain.
- Prior experience with technologies like SAML, LDAP, Kerberos, Unix, Microsoft AD, MFA, and Radius.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top