Lead Identity Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security professionals to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond, VA. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting and dynamic environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The Information Security team seeks a high-energy, motivated individual who combines solid technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen for the position of Lead Identity Engineer within our Identity and Access Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for engineering advanced Authentication solutions across multiple technical stacks to enhance our security posture and our users experience.
Developing an advanced Authentication capability has been defined as a central initiative for Thomson Reuters and a cornerstone of our security posture. You will bring your senior level expertise to Thomson Reuters Authentication team designing and engineering solutions across our Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), CyberArk, and SSO/Federation solutions holistically evolve our security capability.
You will initially drive hands on engineering initiatives across our MFA and CyberArk capabilities to meet our strategic objectives. This is not a system administration role! We are looking for an Identity/Authentication engineer to develop, drive, and deliver on strategic priorities with a high-level of executive support.
- Act as a thought leader in the IAM space. Bring a real passion for both security and user experience.
- Engineer new solutions across Identity/Authentication platforms like MFA, CyberArk, and SSO systems.
- Drive and develop engineering initiatives in our multi-factor authentication environment to evolve our IAM service offering.
- Drive the integration of new systems and applications into our MFA environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Authentication technologies and integration points across platforms.
- Enable capability across systems to improve the end-user authentication experience as well as enhancing our security posture.
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand and build use cases and requirements for transforming the environment and integrating into solutions.
- Develop new capability to enhance our Authentication platforms with a key focus on automation, platform availability, security, and user experience.
- Develop standards and approaches to enable seamless and secure integration of Authentication technologies.
- Partner with IAM, security, and BU stakeholders to ensure a holistic technical approach across technologies.
- Consistent track record of designing and engineering Identity and Authentication solutions in a large global enterprise.
- 5 years' experience in architecting, engineering, and implementing enterprise solutions.
- 3 years technical experience integrating, developing, and automating IAM systems like MFA and Authentication protocols/technologies.
- 2 years experience with automation/development experience and demonstrated ability to learn. (Languages flexible)
- Deep understanding of Identity technologies across key domains (Authentication, Authorization, Access Management, Attestation, etc)
- Significant experience engineering 2FA/MFA solutions like Symantec VIP, RSA SecureID, Duo).
- Experience driving development of automation and integration capability into IAM solutions.
- Consistent track record of customer engagement and delivery of engineering initiatives.
- Familiarity with Cloud technology and an understanding of the impact of dynamic computing on the Identity domain.
- Prior experience with technologies like SAML, LDAP, Kerberos, Unix, Microsoft AD, MFA, and Radius.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top