Lead Financial Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: UK Corporate Finance
Risk is one of the fastest fast-growing Segments in Thomson Reuters helping our clients meet the demands of the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment. This role represents a great opportunity to provide financial support for two of our key propositions; Regulatory Intelligence and Actionable Intelligence (part of Risk Information and Learning Services (RILS)). The role reports to the Head of Finance, RILS.
The RILS Finance team provides commercial and operational finance support to business leadership teams and interacts with the wider Finance function. The team works closely with individual proposition and operations leaders to understand the key trends, drivers and commercials in their areas, with a view to accelerating growth and improving transparency of profitability and margin achievement. This team is the main conduit between RILS and adjacent finance teams in Sales, Technology, Product and Content Management, Commercial Policy and the Partnership and Risk Strategy teams.
Position Title: Senior Finance Analyst, Risk
Location: London – Canary Wharf
The role is responsible for providing high quality financial support and actionable information on key metrics and engaging with the sector teams to understand the underlying drivers of business performance, as well as enabling them to prioritize decisions. The individual will play an important role in supporting the derivation and execution of business strategy, managing and forecasting operating expenses to deliver profitable growth, assisting the business in developing business cases for continued investment and appraising M&A opportunities.
We require an individual with strong analytical and communication skills and somebody who is comfortable talking to both finance and non-finance stakeholders. In addition, the individual should have a strong background in financial modelling and be confident to work independently.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Proactively engage with business partners to provide analysis and insight to assist with operational, commercial and strategic decisions and investment choices
- Support the business to develop and enhance commercial arrangements around how products are priced and sold
- Work with the business to create new investment proposals (both organic and inorganic)
- Support of long-term revenue and expense projections
- Derive periodic reporting for the PRS leadership teams and divisional FP&A team including revenue, expenses, headcount, capacity utilization, proposition profitability
- Lead forecasting and annual planning of expenditure including coordination with the business and prioritization of initiatives
- Liaison with Sales (GTM), Technology (ET&O), Product and Content (PCM) and other Finance teams across the F&R divisional horizontal model
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly motivated and proactive self starter
- Ability to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Confident to both support and challenge management on financial performance
- Thorough experience with MS Excel is critical, with PowerPoint strongly desired
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational/analytical skills
- Successful at managing multiple high profile deliverables
- Experience in delivering high quality, team based results in a demanding environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Business Partnering experience in a large matrix organisation
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or other relevant accountancy qualification
- Post qualified experience, with preferably a background in business support
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top