Lead DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. This position requires an individual who can successfully work in a dynamic work environment where priorities change based on current business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our iterative approach to development processes require a professional with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience with Enterprise Java application development, deployment, administration and monitoring on Linux, Bash scripting, and application server configuration and maintenance in a production environment. Familiarity with ANT build scripting, PCI Compliance/Information Security, and Web services (both SOAP/WSDL and REST) deployment is highly desired. A desire to investigate and evaluate new technologies and methods will be highly valued.
- Solid background in Windows Administration
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is desirable)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and strong skills with scripting languages like Powershell, Python, Ansible, Perl)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Experience in working with off shore development teams
- Solid architecture experience
- Ability to work with leads to identify manual processes in legacy internal apps and recommend and implement automation strategies
- Experience with .NET CORE Framework, Angular 1.X, and dynamic micro-service driven application design
- Understanding of service-driven application development and RESTful service design, including Level 3 Richardson Maturity Model
- Experience with TFS and Jira project management tools and implementation of best practices in Scrum tools and workflows
- Experience in delivery of projects where products are deployed in a modern CI/CD environment with Jenkins
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Database management, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills across the Oracle stack would be advantageous.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top