Lead DevOps Engineer
Trust Tax and Information reporting Technology team is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer who contributes to and helps shape the technology strategies, and drives the automation of full DevOps lifecycle. Specifically, you are expected to have excellent technical aptitude in build, configuration management, 'continuous' integration, delivery and deployment. You will join a team responsible for the deployment of our enterprise software solutions, working closely with our globally distributed teams. We are looking for a person who is passionate about technology, passionate about automation, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
Here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
- Engineering Excellence. You have at least 8 years of related experience in a variety of contexts during which you've contributed to the construction of scalable, extensible, software solutions and systems. These contributions could take many forms – analysis, development, testing and/or project management. You understand technology and possess a passion for excellence.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Superior teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. At Thomson Reuters, commitment to customer satisfaction and technology excellence permeates everything we do. You care tremendously about delighting our users and ensuring that our market and technical leadership is sustained and extended. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- BS or MS degree, a minimum of 8 years of software engineering experience required. Must have at least five years' experience managing software engineering operations using CI/CD.
- Expert level skill in many of these technologies - Jenkins (must have), Sonar, TFS, GIT, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, NuGet, Artifactory, Docker
- Knowledge of .NET/C#, Java, IIS, Apache, TFS, RESTful services
- Advance knowledge with one or more build management tools - Jekins, BuildForge, CruiseControl, Bamboo, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Configuration Management concepts (branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Experience with structured build files/tools - MSBuild, makefile, ant, Maven, etc.
- Experience with multiple software version control systems - TFS, GIT, Subversion, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.
- Advance knowledge and experience with Windows 2012 or higher and Linux.
- Should have working experience with APM and Network monitoring tools - Datadog, AppDynamics, SiteScope, etc.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD/DevOps concepts and best practices.
- Experience with the design, implementation and administration of cloud based infrastructure is desired - preferably AWS or Azure.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization hypervisor environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Possess strong technical competency, preferably from hands-on experience in software or systems development. Engineers respect you and enjoy working with you.
- Experience working in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) team environments
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top