Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer
Our team is working on building next-generation workflow management application that will provide process management capabilities for many Tax applications. This is built with cutting edge technologies like Angular, Web API and Postgres. We are looking to hire a strong dev ops candidate with AWS experience to help the team build and deploy this to AWS cloud.
We're looking to bring agile, CI/CD and DevOps tooling as well as mindset into our operational disciplines. You've got hands-on experience using some or all of the following technologies: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Open Stack, Mesos, Artifactory, Maven, Ant, Gradle, NuGet, Bower, Grunt, Node, Gulp, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Team Foundation Server, Jira, Docker and Vagrant. As importantly, you're committed to keeping your finger on the pulse of this space and will continue to identify new technologies as they emerge.
Here are the kinds of skills we are looking for:
- Hands-on technical leader who will work with engineers to develop high performance, scalable and globally deployed solutions. You are able to research new technologies, compare various options and present a data driven decision to the management chain.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Commitment. At Thomson Reuters, commitment to customer satisfaction and technology excellence permeates everything we do. You care tremendously about delighting our users and ensuring that our market and technical leadership is sustained and extended. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area, a minimum of 8 years of software engineering or related experience required. Must have at least five years' experience managing software engineering operations using CI/CD.
- Experience using technologies such as, Jenkins, Sonar, TFS, GIT, Puppet, Chef, Docker, NuGet, Artifactory
- Knowledge of .NET/C#, Java, IIS, Apache, TFS, Ruby, Rake, RESTful services.
- Advance knowledge with one or more build management tools (Jekins (preferred), BuildForge, CruiseControl, Bamboo, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Configuration Management concepts (branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Experience with structured build files / tools (MSBuild, makefile, ant, Maven)
- Experience with multiple software version control systems (TFS, GIT, Subversion, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.)
- Advance knowledge and experience with Windows 2012 or higher and Linux
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like SiteScope or other monitoring tools / processes
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD/DevOps concept and tools
- Strong Linux/Unix/Windows system engineering and shell scripting experience.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud/AWS and CI/CD/DevOps concepts.
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault-tolerant and cloud-aware applications and software patterns, with strong preference for experience with AWS, specifically
- Strong knowledge of virtualization hypervisor environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Possess strong technical competency, preferably from hands-on experience in software or systems development. Engineers respect you and enjoy working with you.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum team environments
- Results oriented. Detailed oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked.
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top