Join our Thomson Reuters Knowledge Solutions developmentteam that focuses on building innovative solutions for our customers. We arelooking for technology agnostic individuals with passion for softwaredevelopment across various modern-day programming languages, capable of workingindependently and with fellow team mates, and have a passion in seeking bothinnovating and technical solutions to support our business partners and ourcustomers.
We ask you to:
- Demonstrate or articulate code solutions to businesschallenges that you previously encountered.
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals andoptimization best practices
- Solid knowledge of web-based programming with ability topick any new language when needed.
- Proper handling of code check ins, documentation, unittesting, and code quality certification.
- Actively participate in full cycle software development
- Work with Manager/Lead to fulfill development tasks.
- Provide support and develop enhancements for the existing UIbased web applications
- Diligent work habits and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solver, ability to plan andorganize, attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in an Agile team environment
- A willingness to learn and apply technologies as job needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability tocommunicate well with our internal technical resources and other stake holders
- Have an understanding of web standards and web browsercapabilities and ability to create cross-browser and cross-platform compliantpages
- Able to design unit tests and understand the tenants of TDDand BDD.
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple tasksand follow them through to completion.
- Knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces,Web standards and usability
- Develop web applications using HTML5, CSS3 such as(pre-compilers LESS, Sass as plus)
- Develop web applications with CSS Frameworks such asBootstrap, Susy.
- Expertise with databases including but not limited to SQLServer, Couch DB, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis Etc.,
- Experience working with RESTful APIs to retrieve data from
- Must be familiar with Docker containers
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top