Join our Thomson Reuters Knowledge Solutions development team that focuses on building innovative solutions for our customers. We are looking for technology agnostic individuals with passion for software development across various modern-day programming languages, capable of working independently and with fellow team mates, and have a passion in seeking both innovating and technical solutions to support our business partners and our customers.
We ask you to:
- Demonstrate or articulate code solutions to business challenges that you previously encountered.
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and optimization best practices
- Solid knowledge of web-based programming with ability to pick any new language when needed.
- Proper handling of code check ins, documentation, unit testing, and code quality certification.
- Actively participate in full cycle software development
- Work with Manager/Lead to fulfill development tasks.
- Provide support and develop enhancements for the existing UI based web applications
- Diligent work habits and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solver, ability to plan and organize, attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in an Agile team environment
- A willingness to learn and apply technologies as job needed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate well with our internal technical resources and other stake holders
- Have an understanding of web standards and web browser capabilities and ability to create cross-browser and cross-platform compliant pages
- Able to design unit tests and understand the tenants of TDD and BDD.
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and follow them through to completion.
- Knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
- Develop web applications using HTML5, CSS3 such as (pre-compilers LESS, Sass as plus)
- Develop web applications with CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Susy.
- Expertise with databases including but not limited to SQL Server, Couch DB, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis Etc.,
- Experience working with RESTful APIs to retrieve data from
- Must be familiar with Docker containers
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top