Lead Consultant - Solutions Architect
- Capture and clarify functional and non-functional requirements and further develop into solutions.
- Lead technical design activities and review the designs to ensure that systems will exhibit performance, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability.
- Provide the design recommendations and technical governance in the software design, development and testing for major solutions projects.
- Provide thought leadership regarding the best practices and technology trends in FinTech.
- Proactively engage with global product development teams, local application development and solution implementation teams, front-line teams and partners.
- Research new and emerging technologies, lead technology evaluations and provide technical advice to management.
Qualifications, technical skills and domain knowledge
- M.S. or PhD degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of architectural design experience
- Practical computing related experience: SOA/Microservices, Core Java, J2EE, C#/C , Linux/Windows, Oracle/SQL, Web-related (RESTful/SOAP, XML, HTML5, JS),
- Familiar with a variety of hardware and software platforms, demonstrated skills in system engineering paradigms.
- Demonstrate evidence in good architectural / software design and engineering practices
- inancial market / data knowledge and working experience would be advantageous.
Other skills and abilities
- Ability to manage complexity and able to simplify, abstract and articulate.
- Ability to think conceptually and pragmatically.
- Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp and digest large amount of information.
- Technically-inclined, analytical, meticulous and attentive to details.
- interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and comfortable in cross-cultural environment.
- Self motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with other technologists at all levels.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top