Lead Cloud Business Analyst
About the role:
We are a creating a Business Analysis function in the Public Cloud Technology space that is responsible for ensuring the Cost Optimization and Software Asset Management Compliance in our fast-paced Public Cloud environment. This is a chance to work with a small group of motivated, knowledgeable and passionate individuals in an effort to optimize the way we adopt public cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. We are looking for a Cloud Business Operations Analyst to join the Public Cloud Platform team to support our technology project onboarding initiatives and decisions from a business and cost analysis perspective.
The Cloud Business Operations Analyst will be the primary point of contact for helping product development teams and Business Relationship Managers (BRM's) understand both the service and cost drivers behind their technology choices. This position will also involve the creation of analytics related to strategic business initiatives around the service optimization of public cloud offerings.
The Cloud Business Operations Analyst position is for a person with a data analytics background and it provides a unique opportunity to gain in-depth expertise in the wide array of technologies and trends within the public cloud domain. You will need to work fast and learn as you go, but this is a chance to change the way we run things. We value technical aptitude, innovative thinking and a great learning ability above proficiency with specific toolsets. And we are always open to new ideas and methods.
- Support product development teams in new projects planning from a service management perspective
- Contribute to cost optimization discussions across the enterprise
- Build a clear understanding of the implications of public cloud technology choice on project running costs
- Drive the total cost of ownership analysis of new and existing public cloud projects and advise on right choice of technology and implementation strategies
- Collaborate with peers, architects and managers to understand and define strategy and how best to operationalize it across the cloud environments
Public cloud usage service optimization
- Communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to measure and visualize efficiency of cloud resources usage
- Identify underutilized resources and work closely with BRM's and product development teams to drive down public cloud costs
- Identify efficiencies in technology usage patterns to reduce public cloud costs
- Govern the cloud estate to ensure appropriate discipline around resource management to support the optimization of spend
- Partner with Cloud Engineering to identify opportunities to use automation tooling to drive good cost management practices into the platform
- Understand the software license compliance situation for use of technology and software in the public cloud and govern accordingly
- Present monthly reviews to CTO/CIO, Enterprise Technology Operations (ET&O) finance, BRM's and product development groups, including recommendations for additional optimization opportunities
- Drive adoption and implementation of enterprise wide public cloud cost visualization and management tooling
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal customers, management and other Enterprise Cloud teams dispersed across the globe
- Utilize available data and trending information in order to determine present and future growth expectations
- Partner with Finance and BRMs to track and report on spend according to budget
- University degree
- Extensive experience of applied data analysis with a technology emphasis, including experience in the following:
- Ability to generate thoughtful conclusions from datasets and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong data modeling skills in Excel, including experience building complex, robust, dynamic, and scalable analysis and models
- Experience of data visualization, scorecards and dashboards
- Gather, analyze, synthesize, and present data to decision makers
- Collaboration across a complex global organization to drive service efficiencies and/or cost savings
- Baseline knowledge of public cloud technologies and services
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong passion for technology with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues and drive to completion
- Ability to analyze large, complex data sets to produce clear, actionable recommendations to reduce cost
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Nottingham-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom
Back to top