Lead Business Analyst
This role involves planning, designing, developing, and launching efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of Thomson Reuters enterprise solutions, Omnesys Technologies Solution suite and solutions of our Partners in the Algorithmic Trading space. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Lead Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
Scope and Impact
- This is an individual contributor role and does not have people management responsibilities.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Domain expertise in the capital markets, OMS/EMS platforms, Algorithmic trading and FIX and technology solutions for trading and data management. Applicants must be familiar with electronic trading and automated execution technology
- Fully competent knowledge of the overall business includes a broad market understanding and strong understanding of customer's business model.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods necessary to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Keep up to date with the competitor and customer environment
- Highly effective communication, presentation and research skills.
- Fully competent in Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Relationships: Internal / External
- Key external relationships are with existing clients, prospective clients and industry and market groups.
- Key internal relationships are with other team members, technical and customer support groups.
- Certifications / Education
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department.
- Advanced quantitative degree may be preferred.
- Professional Experience
- Working knowledge of the customer industry and business workflow.
- Driving Results Focusing on Customers Collaborating across Boundaries
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top