Lead Business Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Lead Business Analyst
Business Unit: Enterprise Business Systems
Product or Service:
Capabilities span the whole Marketing Domain, specific platforms include our lead generation & CRM platforms (e.g. Oracle Marketing Cloud also known as Eloqua as well as Salesforce), the existing customer targeting and segmentation application (IBM Campaign also known as Unica) and our Digital Marketing suite (Adobe Experience Manager).
The Lead Business Analyst – Marketing acts as a key pivotal liaison in the Enterprise Marketing space, partnering with the Senior Business Management (VP / Director level) and Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) key representatives (VPs, Business Relationship Manager and Enterprise Architect). The role is dual focussed on both understanding and shaping the strategic business vision in the Domain and the execution of the agreed business objectives and Goals to meet the vision through technology solutions.
This is a senior EBS role reporting to an EBS Business Analysis Director to lead a team of Senior Business Analysts in various locations. The role is to understand business strategy and translate this into technology solutions working alongside other internal, external and third party technology groups by setting direction, driving standardisation and mentoring across direct reports, other Business Analysis team members and third vendor representatives.
You will lead the team forward, ensuring that team members can, with varying levels of support from the Lead BA, gather business outcomes and business requirements rather than system solutions, validate those requirements against business vision and strategy. Business Analysts are then key project participants alongside business representatives, solution architects / designers, developers and QA / UAT teams over the full project lifecycle and ensure that the delivered solution is fit for purpose and meets the original business outcomes and requirements.
The Lead BA – Marketing is expected to have a strong Marketing Domain experience with proven track record of delivering Marketing Automation solutions through the full project lifecycle across large complex organisations.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage your own schedule of work and work with stakeholders or subject matter experts, with little supervision
- Demand Assessment – assist EBS Relationship Managers to review and provide input into the business strategy and formulate business cases inputting analysis and views on high level business goals and outcomes.
- Business Planning – begin eliciting business requirements and modeling processes (as-is/to-be, using Business Processing Mapping), recording in standard documentation, and socialising the project with other EBS teams i.e. Architecture, Delivery and Support.
- Definition and Design – facilitate workshops to evolve scope, gather detailed requirements, develop use cases and begin visualizing the end result, using standard tools and techniques.
- Delivery and Deployment – consulting role, providing clarification services regarding the project Vision, Scope and Requirements, plus assessing and managing Change Requests through the standard process. Assist testing teams craft suitable test scripts.
- Coach junior Business Analysts or other members of the team
- Use templates, tools and (internal) processes consistently, helping evolve all as required, coach junior members on use when needed.
- Develops and maintains a good relationship with business stakeholders – acting as their advocate, plus other EBS project team members.
- Maintains a good understanding of industry trends around CRM, Marketing, eCommerce and Business Analysis techniques.
- Remain familiar with company news, policies, products and culture. Keep mandatory training up to date.
- EBS Business Relationship Managers : These individuals are the senior accountable owner for ensuring long lasting relationships between the business community and EBS
- Business Stakeholders : At varying levels from Global Heads / Enterprise Capability Owners to Marketing Analysts, all will be able to assist, shape and drive forward business outcomes
- EBS Delivery Directors : Responsible for the translation of the Functional Requirements into Technical Solutions that deliver long term sustainable technical and business operations
- Third Party Partners : Be they vendors or delivery partners strong relationships with key personnel from partners is essential to the success of projects and ensuring that Thomson Reuters stays at the leading edge against our competitors
- EBS Business Analysts : Ensuring that the 40 strong Business Analysis team continue to excel through shared goals and objectives, knowledge and common standards of execution
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Marketing Domain Specialist with experience from a Marketing perspective in Content, Customer/User, eCommerce, Marketing Enablement (inc. Automation) and Analytics.
- Proven commercial experience as a Lead Business Analyst, having worked at a senior leadership level on multiple technology or business projects or programs.
- Strong experience in business analysis techniques, such as gathering requirements through interviews and workshops, or modelling processes and use cases.
- Demonstrable experience working throughout a project lifecycle, engaging with various stakeholders and managing and/or reviewing appropriate project documentation.
- Strong stakeholder holder management, with confidence to challenge preconceptions of outcomes and solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- A good understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Good familiarity with project management and architecture disciplines
- Proficient with business analysis tools and Microsoft Office products
- Degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognisable institution, is a plus
- Proven training in software development lifecycle or methodologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top