Lead Architect - Quantitative Analytics
Thomson Reuters has recently announcedthe expansion of its Canadian operations with the creation of a new technologycenter in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystemof world-class technology talent and the new technology center will be thepreeminent hub of innovation.
Thomson Reuters, The Answer Company,delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. Ouremerging Quantitative Analytics Platform is powered by content like foreignexchange rates, fixed income cash flows, commodity prices, economic data,equity earnings, credit ratings, derivatives pricing and other market data and fundamentals.
We are seeking an experienced senior architect to lead the architecture of the Thomson Reuters Analytics Platform - thePlatform that provides trusted answers and insights to move the world forward.
The Quantitative Analytics Platformwill utilize cloud-native technologies including Hadoop and Spark, batch and streamingcomputation in the public cloud. It aims to ease development of complex, large-scaleanalytic computations harnessing the full power of Thomson Reuters data,analytics libraries and distribution. You will lead discussions with technology,product and business stakeholders to distill key technical challenges from widerange of requirements. You will be in charge of architecting the Quantitative AnalyticsPlatform and driving the evaluation and adoption of its core technologies. Youwill work in a motivated and accomplished team. Today, our quantitative analyticssoftware is developed on premise in Java and C using IBMStreams, HBase and Spark.We aim to build a quantitative analytics platform, libraries and frameworks inthe public cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud and Azure, to continuallyevolve the platform and serve a breadth of customers.
- Leads complex projects and initiatives with significant risk and complexity affecting the Quantitative Analytics technology department.
- Provides management of major projects and functional releases, ensuring software meets business, technical and operational requirements.
- Technical liaison between management, product, business and development teams
- Lead the development and continuous evolution of architectural standards by collaborating closely with other architecture teams
- Champion significant projects and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity
- Establish credibility & trust with senior technical staff to advise and help shape common understanding of the wider platform development strategy.
- Steer architectural and requirement analysis discussions to build client confidence and ensure success in building new and migrating existing applications, software and services onto the Analytics Platform
- Proactive identification of improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Take a quantitative approach to software development and drive decision making by measuring key aspects of the system and product.
- Capture and share best-practices with Analytics Platform adopters
- Author and contribute to publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
- Present at internal workshops and public conferences
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Math or equivalent
- 10 years design & implementation experience with large scale systems for enterprise-wide use
- 3 years of experience in architecting successful systems utilizing leading Big Data technologies and public cloud
- Hands on experience in building analytics systems of wide ranging characteristics – OLAP vs. OLTP, batch vs. streaming and low latency etc.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Communication skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with management, product/business stakeholders and developers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to distill key technical challenges from business requirements and outline possible solutions
- Ability to lead or conduct technology evaluation against specific objectives
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top