Lead Application Systems Analyst / Developer (Hyperion)
Your Impact at Thomson Reuters
Exciting new opportunity within the Planning Solutions COE responsible for leading new development and major enhancements across TR. The Hyperion Planning Lead will partner with the FP&A community in the design, development and support of the Hyperion Planning suite of applications to enable FP&A teams to deliver accurate, reliable financial forecasts and plans and support key business decisions to drive the business forward.
- Lead Hyperion Planning implementations through the software development life cycle. This includes understanding functional requirements, application design, the development of artifacts, integration testing, performance tuning, and deployment.
- Lead development of application artifacts such as outlines, calculation scripts, business rules, rules files, partitions, MAXL, Batch, and other scripting languages.
- Create sustainable applications by ensuring maintenance and enhancement processes are automatable, cost effective, and well-documented.
- Develop database objects using SQL, such as data queries, mapping tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Manage database performance in Essbase such as cache settings, calculation order, optimal calculation design, and provide feedback on other tuning options.
- Troubleshoot and interface with infrastructure support and business users to quickly resolve various types of Production issues varying from Outages to Performance to End User.
- Lead development of UX objects: Planning forms, task lists, Financial Reporting, Smart View ad hoc reports, security strategy, etc.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Hyperion Planning Development and Administration, including 2 years in a Lead capacity required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Forecasting and Planning in subject areas such as Expense, Revenue, Sales, Allocations, Capital, Cash Flow, and Projects required.
- Minimum 2 years experience with infrastructure tiers (web, application, and database), server topology, and familiar with server installations preferred.
- Prior implementation of multiple Hyperion Planning applications preferred.
- Strong understanding of Cube and Relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements into design and subsequent solution build.
- Able to create technical documentation and lead knowledge transfer.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and help with business process re-design.
- Ability to track and complete multiple requests with conflicting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a large team setting.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge of both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database platforms.
- Experience in ETL tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Proficiency with MS Office products, specifically advanced Excel and Access skills and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Working knowledge of Oracle DRM and integration with Hyperion Planning.
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools such as ESP (CA Workstation), Windows Task Scheduler, Unix Crontab.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems required
- Advanced degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top