Lead Analyst (Natural Gas)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Commodities Research and Forecasts (CRF) group was formed in 2012 and sits within the Financial business of Thomson Reuters. CRF is comprised of analysts providing analytic insight and model forecasts into the oil, natural gas, power, carbon, agriculture and metals global markets. Our core mission is turning data overload into market knowledge that empowers commodities professionals to make better informed decisions.
Lead Analyst (Upstream & Regional)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support target customers: analysts/traders active in North America Natural Gas Markets
- Help further develop upstream analysis and production forecasting
- Launch new basis price/forecast analysis service which support basis price forecasts and analysis.
- Provide regional flow analysis and reporting of dynamic changes across North America
- Lead enhancement of pipeline flow app and develop integration with Interactive Maps in Eikon
- Support launch of datafeed solution covering meter-level flow data
- Development and maintenance of charts/tables in Eikon
- Perform statistical analysis on time-series data
- Perform maintenance/updates of econometric models written in Matlab code (preferred)
- Help mentor analysts
- Bachelors' Degree from an accredited University or College
- 5 years relevant experience in natural gas research, analysis, model development
- Experience with fundamental analysis of Upstream North America natural gas markets
- Experience creating regional supply-demand balances
- Experience writing natural gas market reports or research papers
- Demonstrated analytical skills, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Fundamental analysis skills especially drivers of price formation and direction, supply & demand, storage
- Capable of working with teams located across multiple geographies/timezones
- Self-motivated and independent – demonstrated success initiating new ideas for product development
- Master's Degree
- Experience researching and applying North America natural gas pipeline flows (regional specialization preferred)
- Experience building natural gas/oil/NGL production model
- Advanced Programming experience (Python, Matlab)
- Econometric modeling experience
- Good working knowledge of analytical tools such as Matlab, R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Experience using GPCM (Gas Pipeline Competition Model)
- Technical skills in application usage/development involving Oracle/SQL, Java, Python highly advantageous
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top