- A Lead Research Analyst is responsible to utilize existing experience and strong research fundamentals to produce good quality reports and supporting the research team
- To retain the same responsibilities as an analyst and strengthen the skillsets
- To proactively seek new or alternative sources for research purpose
- Able to provide solution on issues faced during research
- Ability to handle high complexity and urgent cases involving extensive research scope and/or specific client requirements with not less than 90% in overall quality score in report.
- Assists in training, guiding or even mentoring new hires in research work
- To provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Performs proactively by suggesting or implementing ideas that would maximize work efficiency
- Ability to handle client queries and operational issues independently.
Scope and Impact
- Accountable for producing enhanced due diligence report of excellent quality that meets client's requirement and deadline, as well as constantly engaged in process improvement and maximizing knowledge sharing
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong research fundamentals and knowledge
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills
- Applying critical thinking to analyze issues
- Paying attention to detail and delivering results on time
- Processing qualitative data and solving problems
- Efficient management in time and multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of working in Microsoft applications at intermediate to advanced level
- Able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
Relationships: Internal / External
- Works closely with report/case stakeholders such as research supervisor, supporting team members, external vendor as well as case managers, to ensure the completion of the report that meets the client's requirements
- Works with immediate team members as well as with other team members across the EDD organization (from various offices)
Certifications / Education
Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Linguistics/Languages, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Journalism or equivalent
At least 1.5 to 2 years of working experience in a related field (FTE transferred from contractor will be counted from contract start date).
- Research capability
- Understanding client requirements effectively
- Positive attitude
- Effective communication
- Adaptable to constant requirement changes
- Driving results and delivering positive performance
- Thinks and acts strategically
Key Performance Indicators
- Productivity: Achieve the individual productivity target
- Quality: Zero rejection rate from Case Manager
- Timeliness: On-time submission of reports
- Leadership: Ability to provide assistance to Research Supervisor
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top