Lawyer Writer, Banking & Finance
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and for acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
Practical Law Australia has an opportunity for a Banking and Finance Lawyer to join our new Banking & Finance team. Working within the established global enterprise of Thomson Reuters, you will have a key role in the development of this leading knowledge platform. The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to consistently demonstrate:
- Technical competence in Banking & Finance legal practice, with a commitment to remaining up to date with legal developments in Banking & Finance law and related areas.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely explain complex legal concepts and information.
- A comprehensive understanding of how commercial businesses operate.
- Effectiveness at building relationships within Thomson Reuters' global operations, particularly within Practical Law.
- An interest in the evolving impact of technology on the legal industry, and the potential for utilising technological innovations to create value for law firms and in-house legal teams
- Content creation – research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources in a clear, concise and understandable style. These resources include practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes. Initial content would focus on a broad range of corporate matters and contracts, including intellectual property, privacy and data protection, risk and compliance across different industry sectors.
- Quality Assurance – Produce all content in compliance with rigorous internal peer review processes to ensure content is legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and reflect current market practice.
- Market Relationships – Keep up to-date with the law and monitor legal, practice and market developments. Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency. Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by corporate lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams.
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams by participating in sales meetings, demonstrating know-how resources to potential subscribers.
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with a current practicing certificate.
- Minimum 3 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience in Banking & Finance legal practice, covering a wide range of areas such as corporate finance, property and project finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured and debt finance.
- Good understanding of the current and evolving needs and priorities of law firms, in-house counsel and the Australian legal market.
- Superior drafting skills, excellent command of grammar and style, and the ability to write clearly and concisely on complex legal issues.
- Superior research skills and legal reasoning abilities, and familiarity with legal technology platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for building and fostering relationships with a range of diverse clients including local and international stakeholders.
- The ability to work as part of a team and act with urgency to deliver on deadlines
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please download our App here http://thomsonreuters.com/en/careers/what-we-do/our-story-app.html or visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top