Key Account Manager
This role reports to Head ofGovernment and Academia, China. This position manages and grows revenue andmarket share at highest value in Government Sector to maximize customersatisfaction and achieve Thomson Reuters' strategic objectives. Develops andmaintains relationship with Government departments at all levels to ultimatelydrive revenue growth.
Develops and executes accountstrategy collaborating with other teams to deliver a comprehensive productoffering to meet overall customer needs.
- Strategically develops andexecutes a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for growth andrevenue as appropriate.
- Establish strong, long-termcustomer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities. Continue tomaintain relationships with key decision makers. Able to achieve target.
- Act as point of contact forthe client, provides escalation path to and from service and attends tocustomer issues promptly as appropriate.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in atimely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedbackto other internal stakeholders. Able to file in account planand account profile in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate thought leadershipin the government sector to anticipate opportunities, speaking at conference asappropriate.
- Attend high level networkingfunctions and social events providing access to senior leaders and stakeholdersworking to establish Thomson Reuters as thought leaders in Government Sector.
- Applies knowledge of businessand its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions topromote sales and revenue growth.
- Work closely with strategic marketers, BU sales and product specialiststo build relationships with new and existing Government clients, and facilitateall possible routes to final sale.
- Track customer activity ininternal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identifyadditional opportunities.
- Maintains up to date productknowledge on all products and solutions.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Proven track record in aclient facing role within the Government Sector over 3-5 years.
- Familiar with financialregulatory institutions.
- Must have excellentcommunications/ interpersonal skills, and demonstrate a track record ofbuilding long-term relationships with key accounts.
- Presentation and communicationskills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels withinan organization.
- Experience in financialindustry or IT is preferred.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters'products and services is a strong plus.
- Fluent spoken and writtenEnglish
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top