Junior DevOps Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Junior DevOps Engineer
Get the chance to work in Reuters. The world's largest international multimedia news agency. With over 2500 journalists around the globe, we deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in multiple languages with speed, impartiality and insight.
Reuters Media is migrating off premise to the public cloud and you will form part of a small team aspiring to be cloud native and work alongside development and operations.
This is a perfect opportunity if you're looking to build a career within Cloud Technologies.
Feel free to click apply or please send your CV directly to [email protected]
You will have a wide role within our AWS migration, be based within a dynamic and a high profile team. Work in a fast paced and busy environment. We want a Junior DevOps Engineer/Infrastructure Support Engineer to join us in our London, Canary Wharf office.
You will be involved in ongoing support and development of cloud services and admin of their cloud environments. Over time you will be expected to improve the systems and procedures as they re-invent themselves in the Cloud.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support and troubleshooting of media systems both on premise and in the cloud, working in conjunction with the operations group.
- Investigation and research into cloud technologies.
- You will assist with the design, implementation and administration of cloud based infrastructure.
- Assisting with the continuous improvement of processes for building, deploying and monitoring systems.
- You will work closely with the Media development teams in London, Beijing and New York.
- The operations teams responsible for the media and editorial systems.
- The cloud architecture and governance team.
- This role sits within the development team.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Basic working knowledge of core Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to take ownership of and dedicatedly complete tasks
- Ability to learn on the job
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot/investigate problems in a timely manner
- Practical experience of a scripting language
- Working experience of databases
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Good team-working skills
- Knowledge of networking & TCP/IP – i.e. understanding of subnets, routers, gateways, firewalls, Internet protocols etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Docker, Jenkins, and Git
- Exposure to DevOps practices such as automation of testing, delivery, and infrastructure
- Experience of Windows and Linux administration
- Computer science degree or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top