Junior Development & Infrastructure Support Engineer - Cloud
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news agency. With over 2500 journalists around the globe, we deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in multiple languages with speed, impartiality and insight. Further information can be found here: https://agency.reuters.com/en.html
The Reuters Media video development team is responsible for the development and support of the Reuters News Video global delivery network. Reuters Media is migrating off premise to the public cloud and the successful candidate will form part of a small team aspiring to be cloud native and work alongside development and operations.
Position Title: Junior Development & Infrastructure Support Role - Cloud
The successful candidate will have a wide role within our AWS migration, joining the News Agency development team in London. They will have shared responsibility for ongoing support and development of cloud services and administration of our cloud environments. Over time they will be expected to improve the systems and procedures as we re-invent ourselves in the cloud. They will have some shared responsibility for our diminishing on premise systems including investigation and troubleshooting of issues and solution provision. Perfect opportunity if you're looking to build a career within cloud technology.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support and troubleshooting of media systems both on premise and in the cloud, working in conjunction with the operations group.
- Investigation and research into cloud technologies.
- Assisting with the design, implementation and administration of cloud based infrastructure.
- Assisting with the continuous improvement of processes for building, deploying and monitoring systems.
- The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Reuters Media development teams in London, Beijing and New York.
- The operations teams responsible for the media and editorial systems.
- Thomson Reuters cloud architecture and governance team.
- This role sits within the development team.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Basic working knowledge of core Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to take ownership of and proactively complete tasks
- Ability to learn on the job
- Ability to methodically troubleshoot/investigate problems in a timely manner
- Practical experience of a scripting language
- Practical experience of databases
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Good team-working skills
- Knowledge of networking & TCP/IP – i.e. understanding of subnets, routers, gateways, firewalls, Internet protocols etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Docker, Jenkins and Git
- Exposure to DevOps practices such as automation of testing, delivery and infrastructure
- Experience of Windows and Linux administration
- Computer science honours degree or equivalent
More Information About Thomson Reuters:
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top