JREQ106485 Senior Director – Security Strategy and Awareness - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
Financial & Risk is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Hoboken. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
Thomson Reuter's Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for an experienced leader to oversee the Security Strategy and Awareness Programs. This role will be responsible for assisting ISRM leadership in managing key relationships including management reporting operating rhythms. This role will also be directly involved in providing Project Management Office (PMO) support across key programs in the group. Additionally, the role will be required to identify and develop strategic initiaitives.
- Establish a best in class security strategy and awareness program
- Support the development of key senior management operating rhythms in a global and matrixed environment
- Ensure the successful and timely delivery of all operating rhythm requirements including the development of reporting templates
- Assist in the financial planning and management of ISRM related budgetary items
- Identify and build effective reporting and strong operational rigour across the function to track progress of services, activities and projects
- Identify and design strategic programs & initiaitives to mitigate emerging risks & meet customer requirements
- Identify, design and deliver marketing materials across the function to highlight the services, activities and achievements of the function
- Identify & develop continuous monitoring and process improvements for evolving information security & risk area
- Assist ISRM leadership with the day to day engagement management and tracking across external and internal parties
- Manage processes in developing content for yearly business planning, monthly & quarterly reviews, executive committee, audit committee and information security council
- Establish and coordinate the yearly calendar and processes for all hands, staff meetings, skip levels, and roundtable discussions
- Develop and maintain the "book of business" for the organization to include knowledge management repository
- Setup and maintain organizational metrics (KRIs, KPIs), goals & scorecards
- Establish quarterly top vendor/supplier reviews
- Consolidate deliverables & accomplishments in monthly reports
- Foster strong working relationship with key partners to include Finance, Human Resources, Sourcing, Program Management, Legal, Communications & Physical Security
- Maintain the ISRM service catalog
- Coordinate & develop engagement strategy for industry associations & government relations
- Facilitate & maintain organizational branding
- Conduct annual benchmarking efforts with key stakeholders
- Organize, structure and analyze internal customer feedback and surveys
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Program Management, Business Operations or equivalent work experience
- Extensive technology leadership experience with a strong focus on information security
- Extensive experience of Programme Management and / or leading a PMO function
- Experience of overseeing strategic security initiatives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem settings
- Awareness of security industry trends and developments
- Change agent with ability to drive accountability & outcomes across a diverse threat landscape
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with customers
- Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to manage and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Driven, self-motivated and highly organized individual able to operate with limited guidance
- Ability to "context switch" quickly from long term strategy to tactical details
- Ability to lead through influence, partnership, subject matter knowledge and personal integrity in a highly distributed work environment
- Articulate and implement innovative and practical approaches to solving problems
- Able to demonstrate ability to deal with major change and ambiguity
- Experience working in a large and global information security organization is a plus
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) certification
- Marketing experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top