IT Project Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Information Security team seeks a high-energy, motivated individual who combines solid technical project management skills with a high degree of business acumen for the position of IT Project Manager within our Identity and Access Management team. In this role, you will coordinate and focus teams working on a set of Identity Access Management (IAM) projects primarily related to Privileged Account Management and Multi-Factor Authentication. Specifically, strong authentication has been defined as a strategic direction for Thomson Reuters and a cornerstone of security for both infrastructure and product. Therefore, a successful candidate for this role will organize efforts related to a variety of strong authentication requirements utilizing PAM and MFA technologies. Collaboration across teams from Thomson Reuters internal services, data center, cloud and business unit organizations on a world-wide scale will be required.
- Oversee and monitor progress on projects relative to schedules, budgets and quality
- Define, document and manage large scale projects while actively participating in all phases of the project life cycle
- Manage and track project resource forecasts, allocations, and utilization
- Maintain adequate project controls to ensure projects deliver agreed benefits
- Identify, assess and manage risks and issues
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitate commitment and decision-making Work in a collaborative manner within a matrix organization.
- Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
- Prepare and maintain project plans and track activities against the plan
- Implement an effective project communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reporting
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources utilization and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Manage change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
- Provide project leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of project team members. Note: the role as advertised does not have line management responsibility
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related or BS/BA and equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience in a technology environment including 3 or more years of project management experience.
- 3 years of experience working with information security projects or programs.
- Experience must demonstrate managing large-scale projects or programs to successfully deliver within specified timescales and budget.
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills with working knowledge of project management methodology and software
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with management and business stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with teams across several locations and time zones
- Detailed knowledge of resource allocation, budgeting, and project planning/scheduling
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- PMP certification
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors.
- CISSP or other information security certification.
- Prior experience with large scale MFA, PAM or SSO projects
- Experience with ServiceNow for project and workflow management.
- Familiarity with Kanban or other Lean/Agile methods.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top