IT Infrastructure Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Sets up, coordinates and monitors the IT operation and perform troubleshooting actions when necessary.
Support with the successful installation and implementation of product systems, networks and M&E services and provide second level engineering support for those installations as and when required. Provide day to day task management of the work carried out by the Technicians.
Supports the design of infrastructure to ensure all current standards are met and costs are minimized.
- Take ownership for internal IT projects initiated by the Central IT teams, for the MENA region. This includes approving changes, coordinating with BU's for the testing and implementation and keeping track of project schedule
- Liaise with vendors for local and as well as global IT projects
- Provide training to users for any new infrastructure change
- Assist in onboarding and exit of new and old employees
- Provides a high level of technical expertise & support.
- Monitors and manages systems and network infrastructure.
- Produces and maintains documentation as per departmental document control standards, including support documents, project plans and status reports.
- Identifies and reports deficiencies in systems, service and procedures and ensure that they are updated where necessary.
- Produces routine daily logs and exception reports.
- Delivers technical capability to standard and time.
- Maintains high levels of system availability and assure workload throughput.
- May contribute to the design of IT infrastructure.
- Ensures all routine and non-routine events are completed in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between local support and 2nd/3rd level support.
- May mediate and resolve minor personnel conflicts, informing supervisor of major difficulties or when the problem cannot be quickly resolved.
- Manages 1st level problem diagnosis, escalation and strives toward restoration of service.
- Provides Incident Management, Incident Coordination and Incident Communication for all incidents on portfolio of infrastructures / shared services.
- Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting support for systems, applications and customers.
- May help define Project and Implementation processes.
- Follows and embraces Project and Implementation processes, ensuring all plans and expectations are well grounded.
- Uses departmental change management procedures in defining, planning and implementing change in such a way that service disruption is minimized, and adherence to Service Level Agreements is ensured
- Manages risks and issues , including following appropriate escalation procedures
- Ensures appropriate documentation is reviewed for accuracy, updated and delivered-
- Coordinates all communication during all outages to the necessary organizations, providing estimated resolution time, problem updates, and suggested work around while escalating as appropriate.
- Applies technical policies and standards to the systems supported Enforce rigor and control in the release process.
- Provides input to records, quality systems and management reports as required.
- Contributes to the definition and implementation of operating procedures and operability on new and existing systems, ensuring adherence to standards.
- Ensures that services supported comply with Thomson Reuters Technical Operations standards.
- Technical degree or masters with PMP and ITIL certification.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managing IT Infrastructure for large organization.
- Consulting, Facilitation and Management Influencing experience.
- Ability to promote a cooperative work environment by presenting a professional and responsive attitude
- Highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work, and willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedure, and adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure, and make effective use of others in resolving problems.
- Customer and service focused, with determination to meet their needs.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, change management methodologies, problem solving methodology
- In depth knowledge of IT products and technologies.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters IT systems, services and infrastructure.
- Excellent Team skills, with ability to listen and contribute to discussions and meetings.
- Keen interest in learning and expanding knowledge of Operating systems, protocols, Thomson Reuters applications and products.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top