IT and Video Operations Support Specialist
Product or Service:
The successful candidate will form part of the TV Support Team, will provide systems support of broadcast IT and video production/delivery systems.
Accountable for the operational management, service delivery and day-to-day support of dedicated television production capabilities located in London.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
A self-motivated IT professional with expertise in all areas of IT support, installation and development, with experience in Broadcast Television also preferred. Requires a dedicated hands-on and proactive approach to work.
You will be expected to:
- Perform daily support & monitoring for all appropriate systems;
- Research, design and deployment of technical solutions for multimedia operations;
- Focus on continual service improvement.
- Expected to follow Change Management process, according to corporate best practices.
Will be responsible for implementing both globally driven and locally requested support, operational and project deliverables.
Includes studio-based, broadcast television and broader areas of multimedia support.
Operational hours may vary as business priorities and programming schedules change. Out-of-hours or weekend system/software upgrades will require onsite IT/engineering support presence. As part of a wider engineering pool, overtime, shift work and night shifts may also be a requirement.
Reporting to TV Support Manager, EMEA, News & Editorial
Will be part of an overall global team supporting and operating facilities in Editorial newsrooms throughout the world.
Will involve close engagement with the Editorial production groups and managers on a day-to-day basis. Requires a strong customer centric-focus on service and support.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Excellent knowledge of networking and TCP/IP - i.e. solid understanding of subnets, routers, gateways, firewalls, Internet protocols etc.;
- Working knowledge of a scripting language;
- Creative and solution-oriented focus;
- Knowledge of server-based production, editing and delivery systems;
- Excellent knowledge of video-audio file standards and characteristics;
- Video/ File conversion, transmission, transfer and streaming technologies;
- Excellent problem diagnosis and troubleshooting;
- Ability to take ownership and proactively complete tasks;
- Excellent customer-facing written and verbal communication and;
- Ability to learn on the job and to train others.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices;
- Field news coverage technologies;
- Understanding of live studio video production systems;
- Understanding of Newsroom Information and Communication systems;
- HDSDI video routing infrastructure;
- Avid ACSR certification;
- Cisco/Microsoft certifications;
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts;
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix;
- Experience of system configuration management tools and;
- Professional satellite reception infrastructure.
Education/ Certifications (preferred):
- Computer science honours degree or equivalent.
- Relevant professional training or equivalent experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top