Internal Communications Platform Manager (Remote option)
The Communications Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives.
Works with communication and collaborations platforms including our company intranet. Our intranet is our company social collaboration community. We have more 60,000 users accessing this system, with 75% of the users accessing daily. This is the place where users go to get things done.
The hiring manager is open to this role working remotely.
Roles and responsibilities:
Provide and oversee support of internal communication platforms
- Manage a small team of technical resources
- Oversee moderation queue, points of concern of conflict, to review, respond and escalate as needed
- Manage issues with vendors and partners using partner portals, communities and tools as applicable
- Resolve conflicts and issues between all the teams when building priorities
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and leadership on issues, roadmaps, and related content
- Assess organizational readiness to make technical, operational and behavioral changes needed to make the effort a success, including assisting in implementation communications and training
Manage delivery and roadmap of internal communication platforms
- Create and prioritize use cases based on business value
- Build roadmap based on discussions with stakeholders, partners and development resources
- Stay current on Jive platform and other communications platforms and actively explore emerging and competing technologies
- Leverage business and technical expertise to offer solutions to users.
- Accountable for delivering a properly validated solution
- Delivery authority providing approval for business stakeholders for 'go live'
- Communicate releases features and functionality to stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement with process and team
- Lead by example in providing technical assistance to users across Thomson Reuters.
- Tactical guidance aligned with goals, processes, and user needs.
- Drive delivery using small team of remote and global direct reports.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Clear communicator with stakeholders
- Flexibility and creative problem solving
- Analytical approach to decision making
- Demonstrated project management skills: knowledge of basic development cycle processes, strong consultative skills, capable problem solver, ability to build consensus.
- Knowledge of Jive or related intranet social collaboration tools
- Record of success delivering optimal digital products while balancing business and user needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Strong communication and presentation skills critical. Ability to effectively communicate recommendations to a broad range of audiences including leadership, internal business clients and technical developers.
- Knowledge of website fundamentals such as html, java script and css.
- Experience creating enterprise level applications with onshore and offshore development teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top