Regulatory Research & Monitoring attorneys, at an intern level, must understand the Indian legal system and have a general understanding of relevant legal topics. They should have the mental faculty to understand and analyze the issue of law. These interns should have done basic research, should know where to find the most up-to-date regulatory and statutory developments using research tools and internet searches, and to analyze case law. They should have the ability the present their findings on Excel or Word. These law students must have decent writing and analytical skills. Moreover, and most importantly they should show a constant zeal and desire to learn. They should escalate important questions to their senior team members.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Attends required trainings.
- Co-operates with team members and acts as a team player.
- Escalates project specific issues timely.
- Applies himself to understanding the underlying issues of a project.
- Follows step by step process of researching the issues and presenting the findings in the desired format.
- Understands legal writing and uses appropriate and pre-discussed formatting while presenting his findings.
- Interprets statutes and regulations correctly or calls for help in understanding them.
- Applies himself to understanding case law.
- Thorough and meticulous with great attention to details.
- Organized and efficient - handles particular responsibility assigned to him/her quickly and accurately.
- Reports back to his seniors on the status of assignments.
- Effective on the floor in terms of sharing learning/insights
- Accomplishes work with moderate supervision.
- Impact is normally within the immediate project team.
- Typically works on one or two projects at a time
- Should bond well with the team and ensure a healthy work environment.
- Ability to identify statutes and regulations applicable to the given legal issue
- Ability to interpret and summarize statutes and regulations
- Good analytical and logical skills
- Good writing skills
- Attention to details
- Must have basic knowledge of legal databases
- Basic understanding of MS Excel and Word
- Effectively communicating results/findings of work in all mediums (verbal and written)
- Ability to understand instructions regarding legal research and follow the methodology established by seniors
- Adaptive to team and fosters collaborative approach
- Innovative approach to the project, when required
- Shows passion and desire to learn
- Diligence and ability to multi-task
- Must have an eye for details
- Must have: Currently pursuing Law
Fresher/ pursuing law
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top