We are looking for a Instructional Designer to develop high-impact learning experiences that enable our sales colleagues and customers to help achieve their goals. This is an extraordinary opportunity to make a major impact in how our company uses and effectively delivers adult learning. This position requires experience in designing and developing content and curriculum for both live and online learning environments.
We are seeking someone with strong knowledge of instructional design principles, adult learning theory, and personal drive to make a difference.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Create best-in-class learning and that provide a high-impact learning experience for sales professionals and customers.
- Develop project plans.
- Monitor industry trends in learning and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, source and produce learning based on instructional design methods, providing knowledge enhancement and performance consulting services to Thomson Reuters and our external clients when required.
- Define and maintain standards for design and development process, templates and materials supporting new content and curriculum development.
- Bring agility to our design process which will help reduce the need for knowledge transfer.
- Assist with growing demand for adult learning development projects to support the larger training department with tools and new experiences for onboarding, ongoing and solutions training teams.
- Design and develop learning content and curriculum for specific learning programs related to Sales and Customer Experience training deliverables.
- Collaborate with key managers, partners and SMEs both inside and outside of the business to gather needed materials, research, source content, insight and expertise.
- Leverage creativity and innovation skills to recommend, design, develop and implement new live, distance and elearning strategies in a highly transforming culture.
- Design and deliver eLearning and instructor-led curriculum with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities, revenue and retention.
- Collaborate with instructor-led training team and curriculum designers on blended learning solutions and creation of curriculum plans.
- Develop a trusting partnership and commitment with partners, and stakeholders.
- Continuously build personal knowledge and capability around evolving adults learning techniques and technologies and propose/execute on innovative solutions. Stay current with industry insights and best practices.
- Needs Assessment: Using a variety of inputs, perform gap analysis for performance problems, opportunities, or innovations. Prioritize the importance of identified gaps and recommend interventions. Document and present the methods, the findings, and the recommendations for addressing the performance gaps including number of courses, sequencing of courses and evaluation criteria.
- Instructional Design: Using a structured systems approach, preferably a rapid prototyping methodology. Research content and/or collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to define, document and develop the content sequence.
- Develop: Develop solutions (e.g., instructor-led, elearning, mobile etc.) that provide relevant, engaging, challenging, and productive learning experiences. Develop necessary course collateral including facilitator and participant materials, presentation media, job aids, and knowledge checks. Finalize materials through reviews, developmental tests, pilots, etc.
- Evaluation Design: As part of needs assessment and instructional approach design the evaluation measurement, weighted metrics and steps. Define, document and design the activities, evaluation questions, criteria and methods to achieve that stakeholders agreed upon need.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors Degree in instructional design, adult education or related degree, Masters Degree a plus
- 5 or more years experience designing soft skills, product and/or tools learning solutions for a variety of job levels, Sales experience a plus
- Experience in designing multiple day and/or multiple week learning experiences.
- In-depth experience with blended learning approaches.
- Experience designing both soft skills and technical training is critical.
- Experience designing for sales, service, product, or call center positions a plus.
- Experience designing for a global audience
- Desired qualities: Innovative thinking, action oriented, ability to drive system and process improvements, ability to build relationships, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, superior communication skills
- Experience designing and developing classroom, distance and elearning content using tools like Webex, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Flash, social media or industry equivalents (Not required)
- Strong Business Acumen required.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be self motivated and self directed; must be comfortable with prioritizing, establishing objectives and processes, and working to achieve them; must be a self learner.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills that contribute to the transfer of market insight, technological advantage, and effective sales technique.
- Can learn and navigate quickly when faced with new, unfamiliar or ambiguous situations; can quickly grasp the underlying issue.
- Knowledge of Legal industry/business helpful, but not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top