Inside Sales Representative - 6 month FTC
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative – 6 month FTC
The Inside Sales Representative role is accountable for selling products through telephone calls to existing and potential customers. This is a telesales role, particularly suited for entry-level sales professional looking for new challenges.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales quota
- Build pipeline by actively prospecting and cold calling new clients
- Qualifies and convert marketing inbound leads – meeting SLAs and conversion rates targets
- Builds, maintains and enhances client's experience through consultative conversation while asking leading questions and offering superior product knowledge coupled with excellent customer service.
- Maintains and update customer contact information as well as pipeline, sales activities and customer engagements in Salesforce.
- Fully competent in product knowledge with the ability to communicate value to the clients.
- Remains up to date on industry trends.
- Sales Support Representative
- Global Customer Operations
- Customer Administration
- Account Managers
- Sales Managers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Telesales / Phone sales or customer service with high inbound/outbound call volumes
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Content licensing and/or digital media
- Experience with Salesforce would be a bonus
- Other European languages – primarily French or Spanish
University/college degree (desirable but not required)
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top